June 18, 2013 by Joanne T Ferguson
While waiting for her vegetables to roast, Mercette (pronounced Mer-chette) closed her eyes and “felt” her imaginary Red Hot Lover chef’s breath down her neck as he S-L-O-W-L-Y and lustfully placed his lips on hers and…. http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects/2211/mp3/323546_SOUNDDOGS__ti.mp3
Don’t you HATE when that happens!
You know by now HOW I get when it comes to all things about food!
Courtesy of Roza’s Gourmet Sauces, I was asked to try and create new recipes with some of their WONDERFUL products.
Seeing the weather is a bit on the chilly side, I decided to make chilli and thought Roza’s Hot Lover Sauce would be PERFECT to “warm the cockles of my heart”
I always love the stories behind foods.
Roza’s original Hot Lover sauce was named “affectionately” named after her husband Bill and I can “assure you“, this sauce DOES give a thrill!
For the more adventurous chilly-loving people, I recommend The Inferno which will “knock your socks off” in taste too!
Let’s get to the recipe, eh?
I adapted the recipe creating my unique Roza’s Roasted Red Hot Lover #Chilli!
Before I start, I thought, to myself shall I call this a chilli or a soup?
Soup is combining vegetables in a juice, water or other liquid.
Chilli is a stew-like soup “usually made with meat”, but for today, I think I need to warm up with this unique Roza’s Roasted Red Hot Lover #Chilli!
Are YOU warm yet or is it just me?
Just smelling the wonderfully warm ingredients is getting to me; in a good way of course!
What is different about this recipe today is YOU get to “interact” in what vegetables you want to play with.
- 125 grams canned corn; drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ red capsicum (sweet pepper), deseeded, diced
- ½ green capsicum (sweet pepper), deseeded, diced
- ½ yellow capsicum (sweet pepper), deseeded, diced
- 1 kent pumpkin; peeled, sliced
- 1 eggplant; peeled, cubed
- 1 celeriac, peeled, cubed
- 1 head orange cauliflower
- 1 head green cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sicilian oregano (aka hardy sweet marjoram)
- Olive oil
- 250 ml Roza's Gourmet Hot Lover Sauce
- 400 grams canned whole tomatoes in juice
- 400 grams canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 200 grams water
- 1 teaspoon roasted curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 400 grams canned kidney beans; well drained; washed
- 400 grams canned chick peas; well drained; washed
- zest one lemon
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup coriander; finely chopped
- salt and white pepper to taste
- sliced Pecorino-Romano cheese (optional)
- parsley as garnish (optional)
- In a lightly oiled fry pan, I added the corn and capsicum for about 5 minutes until the corn and capsicum looked char-grilled; set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Place all cut and washed vegetables (see HINT AND TIP) in a slightly oiled roasting pan; roast under done; about 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of oil, saute onion and minced garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add capsicum, corn mixture; continue to saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add Roza's Hot Lover Sauce, canned tomatoes, water, oregano, cumin, fennel seeds, garlic sliced, eggplant, pumpkin, celeriac, cauliflower and "gently" stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, chick peas, lemon zest, lemon juice and coriander.
- Add pepper; adjust for personal taste; simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley. (optional)
The recipe is a “guide” to help you create!
HINT AND TIP
PUMPKIN — “lightly” coated with oil and roasted curry powder; cooked in 15 minutes.
EGGPLANT — “lightly” coated with oil, added Himalayan pink salt; cooked in 15 minutes.
CELERIAC — “lightly” coated with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and thyme; cooked in 15 minutes.
CAULIFLOWER — “lightly”coated with oil; added 3 sliced garlic; cooked in 15 minutes or until all above is to desired doneness.
Can YOU feel the Roasted Red Hot Lover about to come out of YOU?
I always think roasting and char-grilling is like a hug to vegetables and makes them feel “warm and cozy” on the outside too!
In return, they bring out their best flavors on the day to enhance any dish!
Did you know cauliflower comes in green, orange and purple?
The purple cauliflower “may” prevent heart disease as it slows down blood clotting.
My name is Joanne aka Joanna aka mickeydownunder aka FANG and I have a confession!
I E-X-C-I-T-E-D purchased celeriac as I had seen it used on Masterchef (A reality TV cooking show here in Australia), but I had NO CLUE with it what to do! I quickly figured it out and was then again on my way!
While the veggies roast, (and is not overwhelming to do!), you can prepare the sauce that they all now want to “dive” into!
If you don’t wish to use all the veggies (as I only used half of each cauliflower), you will have some roasted veggies already prepared for your next meal or two!
I like to use up what I have on hand and canned beans today I was happy with!
I must have “bulked bought” when they were on sale too!
It is now Roza’s Roasted Red Hot Lover #Chilli time!!
Honestly, it “sounds” like it is A LOT of work, but it’s not really, TRUE!
What I love about this Roza’s Roasted Red Hot Lover #Chilli recipe is it is also a good reminder to roast more vegetables too!
I love an enhanced food flavor…YOU?
So back to my kitchen with me…um, I mean Marcette , I think that “imaginary” kiss from her “imaginary” Red Hot Lover chef (whose name starts with the same letter ), she has her heart set!
I “loved” the flavors of Roza’s Gourmet Sauces — Hot Lover, TRUE!
Next time, I will use two jars if not three to make this “whimsically romantic” and colorful recipe!
Are YOUR “cockles of the heart” now warm like me?
Look forward to what next I create with Roza’s Gourmet Sauces…will also be a “unique” (like me ) recipe!
All comments “on my blog please”, shares and pins MAKE MY DAY!
There are convenient Twitter, Google+ and StumbleUpon buttons at the end of the post; with a “quick click” a friend worldwide can be reading about Roza’s Roasted Red Hot Lover #Chilli.